NSale 2021 Picks (Shoes, Beauty, Baby) + Petite Try Ons
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to Icon & Ambassador members! If you’re shopping later, hit “add to wishlist” to save any items you’re interested in. A sales associate mentioned that some customers got bumped up to the next level as a surprise to shop early access. I’m not sure if it was done at random or based on spending (or is a glitch, ha), but when I logged into my account I was able to place an order early!
Before diving in, this relaxed ponte blazer (65% off) is a non-Nordstrom sale find that I’ve been wearing on heavy rotation and eying in a second color. I’ve always admired Eileen Fisher’s amazing brand values & practices, but the styles tend to be pricier, more mature looking and loosely cut. After looking everywhere for a relaxed boyfriend jacket that isn’t overwhelmingly big, I decided to give this a try. Their smallest size Petite P is still roomy on me with sleeves a little long, but I really like the draped look, the convenient pockets, and how comfy this is all day long. I’ve worn it with jeans (above), leggings (below) and work pants too!
NSale 2021 Picks
Scroll down below for my picks from each category and click the widgets to shop. I checked out tons of pieces in person for fit and quality before narrowing some down! Several items I bought last year are back with tiny updates, and I did try on the new versions on to make sure they’re still as good. I did not have much luck with NSale outerwear and knits this year, most of which were too oversized. If you’re petite and hoping to find a fall/winter coat, stay tuned in a few weeks – I got to preview a fab one that’ll be coming out later this year!
- Tried & true fave: Zella restore joggers (my review). Hands down the item I received the most rave reader feedback from last year, even at full price! The xxs is petite friendly on me, and I love that the fabric is soo soft and cozy to the touch but has a smooth finish and isn’t “fleecy” nor pilling prone.
- Tried & true fave: Steve Madden V cut booties – the front and side cut make these very versatile and flattering. I tried on this year’s and it’s nearly identical to mine pictured above, except for an added zipper in the back.
- Tried & true fave: The *only* time of the year these beloved soft and snuggly Barefoot Dreams cardigans go on sale. I recommend the CozyChic Light Long cardigan or the Circle cardigan (see on me), both of which are a little thicker than the belted drape rib cardigan. Their neutral leopard throw also makes the best gift – I burrito’d myself in it all through pregnancy and postpartum, and our family and house guests always go after this one!
- 50% off this Coach convertible bag with a classic turnlock closure. The detachable chain is actually a little longer than as shown above, but as a hack, I clipped both sides of the chain to one ring inside of the bag to make the strap appear shorter. Coach has definitely had a revival recently, especially with Chanel-inspired designs like this mini chain bag!
- $25 for this 100% wool hat (2 colors) in a versatile soft tan. Fit is a little big, but there’s an interior adjustable drawstring that helps! For a higher end version, I love my Rag & Bone wool hat and here’s one at a good discount in this year’s Nsale.
- P448 Sneakers: Just discovered this Italian made luxe sneaker brand and love how cushy the insides are. Golden Goose-esque but feels a little wider and more padded. Be warned, some of the styles have more sparkle in person than photos depict. These are flattering and a little more subtle with just a statement silver tongue.
- Couldn’t find these in store, but these cute sale Marc Fisher boots are very similar to the popular Izzie I love, but a little shorter. Also, FYI the Izzie boot in 2 colors are marked down 60% off as part of regular sale which anyone can shop now!
- Ordered the water resistant chelsea boots and the taupe sneakers since I’ve been living in flats!
- Short gal friendly wide calf boots: After learning that many of you are interested in wider calf, I wanted to include these Born boots with the cushiest insoles! Shaft height was surprisingly good on me, just not the width.
- If you’ve tried the ever popular Spanx leather leggings (which are more like a thin, liquid style legging) and want something more substantial, the Commando 7/8 leather leggings are thicker with a nice looking leather grain texture! Note the Commandos have good tummy hold but start out feeling small and very snug to pull on – scroll down for a pic on me!
- See my Nuna car seat post comparing the options from infant to this convertible Rava that we use.
- See my Stokke high chair post with info about the different components and which ones you need.
- See my double stroller post which has some info about the UPPABaby Vista in this sale! It comes with 1 child seat + 1 baby bassinet. You can purchase an additional child seat, adapters, and a ride-along board separately.
Beauty & Gifts
- I bought this lash serum at the recommendation of my best friend (with Asian lashes similar to mine), who stocks up for the year during Nsale at the buy one get one price! I just recently started using it, but another friend who started earlier has also been very happy with results.
- I always pick up one of these Anniversary La Mer sets for Nick to indulge in and one to gift. We prefer the original Creme de la Mer as it’s thicker for dry skin. I always warn, La Mer is $$$ so this set contains their itty bittiest size jar of face cream, but it is a deal since that size jar is usually $95 by itself!
- Just my luck, several of the eye makeup products that I use daily ended up in an Nsale value pack.
- I cannot be even a day without this Stila liquid liner and always keep one in my purse, one at home.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama has been a mascara I go back to for years now, and their primer + eye makeup remover is the best so this is one useful set if you already love the mascara.
- Brow Wiz + brow gel is another duo I’ve used for years, and easy to apply when on the road.
Intimates & Lounge
- I was stoked to see the winners of my extensive underwear research on sale! My undies drawer will be getting a nice facelift with a couple more of these Chantelle high rise and hipsters.
- So many of you were super pleased with the Neiwai bras (see my review with promo code), while for a few others it didn’t work out. I picked up some True & Co bras from the NSale per reader recommendations, so let me know if there’s any interest in a review & comparison!
- Under $90: I bought these elongating, slimming stretch OTK boots last year and wanted to show the fit of this year’s version! The stretch faux suede is narrow calf friendly and doesn’t slide down on me.