10 Best Under Sink Pull Out Storage Organizers to Maximize Your Space (2020)
It can be hard to find the right under sink pull out for such a tight space. This area within base cabinetry is usually contains invasive plumbing, garbage disposals and hoses.
On my search, I was looking for products that could maximize the under sink space. I found some really cool stand-alone storage organizers that sit inside the cabinet, but what we really need is something that slides out towards the user making it easy to retrieve our everyday-items.
Weve compiled several choices that can hopefully solve this common problem. Take a look at some of the pull out baskets, under sink caddys or even the U-shaped basket that works around plumbing.
Pull out organizers are used not only under the sink, but all over the kitchen and home. They can be used for trash storage solutions, pot and pan organization and throughout the kitchen to transform your space to create more function.
Best Under-Sink Storage Pull Outs
Lynk Professional Sink Cabinet Organizer Pull Out Two Tier (Best Overall)
The two-tier systems work great, especially within the under sink cabinets. They can mount on the far right or far left of the cabinet avoiding any plumbing or hoses. This organizer from Lynk comes as an entire unit thats ready to install. They offer a 18 depth and a 21 depth version.
Manufacturer has noted dimensions of 11.5 Wide x 18 Deep x 14 High. There are also other sizes available from Lynk Professional storage.
- Works on either the left or right side
- Ball-bearing glide system
- Removable tray in top basket (Great for sponges/rags)
- Design easily avoids plumbing
Rev-A-Shelf 5WB Series Basket Storage (Best Slide Out Basket)
Using baskets is perhaps the most efficient way to utilize the under sink area. These heavy duty baskets from Rev-A-Shelf are easy to install and will last a lifetime. They come in various sizes to meet your specific cabinet opening width and depth.
- Great for cleaning supplies, pots, pans, pet supplies, etc.
- Four screw installation
- Heavy duty chrome wire
- 100 lb. rated ball-bearing slides
- Full-extension outside cabinet
Household Essentials Under Sink Slide Out (Best Two-Tier)
If you dont want to go searching for items in the back of the cabinet, these tiered slide out organizers are awesome. They come pre-assembled, so it makes them simple to drop in the cabinet.
Store cleaning supplies, bottles, towels, etc. Manufacturer has noted dimensions as 15.75 High x 12.5 Wide x 17.75 Deep. Other sizes are also available from Household Essentials.
- Mounts on left or right side
- Easy install with pre-attached slides
- Nice chrome wire finish
Rev-A-Shelf Pull Out Under Sink Caddy (Best Cleaning Caddy)
This option really makes cleaning that much easier. The caddy slides out from the base and allows you to carry it. Its great for holding a roll of paper towels, sponges, spray bottles and any cleaning items.
The manufacturer notes the dimensions as: 11-1/4 W x 16-1/4 D x 19-1/2 H. Youll need a minimum cabinet opening of 11-1/2 wide to operate it.
- Take-anywhere caddy
- Mounts on left or right side of cabinet
- Bottom bumpers on caddy protect countertops
- 75lb. rated slides
Household Essentials Wood Slide Out Box (Best Wood Drawer Box)
Sometimes all that chrome just isnt what were looking for. Thats when using a nice wood box slide out can be useful. They offer all the same functionally as a chrome basket and can be used in most base cabinets in the kitchen.
This product from Household Essentials has full extension slides which makes it easy to gain access to items in the back of the cabinet.
This single wood basket is 6 high x 11.5 wide x 21 deep.
- Big enough for cookware, small enough for cleaning products
- Full-extension ball-bearing slides
- Comes ready to install with all hardware
- Notch cut-out grab and pull
Simple Houseware Stackable Sliding Baskets (Best No-Drill Slide Out)
This organizer from Simple Houseware is an option for the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room or even the garage. It features a no-drill design, which allows for easy drop-in use. The tired wire baskets make it easy to find what you are looking for.
The feet dont adjust on this one and the space underneath is about 1-1/2 from the floor to the bottom of the lower basket.
Simple Houseware notes the dimensions as: 16.75 L x 11 W x 12 H.
- Great for any in-cabinet application
- Removable baskets/drawers
- Limited assembly required
- Stackable (Get two and sit one on top)
Lynk Professional U-Shape Slide Out (Best U-Shaped Basket)
U-shaped storage pull outs are quite cool. They are designed to work-around the plumbing that often intrudes in the under sink area. Granted, your plumbing needs to be centered within the back of the cabinet, but nonetheless, it could be a great option to consider.
Lynk Professional has noted dimensions as: 30 Wide x 18 Deep x 4 High.
- Fits neatly around pipes
- Easy access to all under sink items
- Smooth gliding ball-bearing slides
- Comes with mounting template
Spicy Shelf Adjustable Height, Depth and Width (Best Versatility)
This Spicy Shelf organizer packs a punch with its three way adjustability which is perfect for odd shaped under sink areas. Its great for tight under sink areas in kitchens and especially in vanities.
If you are the type of person who is always doubling up on household cleaning products, this one is for you. It allows for extra room on the top shelf while still keeping plenty of space below.
- Height, depth and width adjustments
- Made from heavy, durable plastic
- 5 components needed come in 1 box
- Creates two-tiers of storage in minutes
Household Essentials Door Mount Cabinet Storage (Best Door Mount)
If you have a solid back cabinet door, this Household Essentials door mount storage can be a simple solution to under sink clutter. Granted, it is not a pull out accessory like the other noted, but it can still provide you with easy-access to items.
It comes in various sizes, but check out the tall version at 9.45 High x 13.39 Wide x 3.54 Deep.
- Great for cutting boards, plastic and foil wrap
- Simple to install (4 screws)
- Various sizes and configurations offered
Simple Housewares Expandable Rack (Best Plumbing Work-Around)
Simply pull on one side to expand this under sink shelf rack from Simple Housewares. This is a great option for those with plumbing pipes or a garbage disposal within their cabinets.
The out-of-box dimensions noted from the manufacturer are 15 L x 11.25 W x 15 H
What to look for in a storage pull out organizer?
- Ease of installation:This is key for each individual and what they are comfortable with installing. Occasionally, slide out accessories can be a little demanding to put inside your cabinet. Small spaces are difficult to work in. Most brands offer 4 screw installs with templates and guides to make it easy, but make sure you are getting an item that makes sense.
Cabinet type: One aspect to note when looking for a pull out organizer is your cabinet type. Our cabinets are unique and some organizer work better than others. Or, at the very least we can do small work-around modifications. Sometimes we may have a small lip on the frame of the cabinet. This can prevent to movement of the slide going in and out.
How do we work-around this?
It slightly depends on your cabinet and the pull out accessory you are using, but in most cases you can use wood shims or small blocks of wood to lift your organizer up to clear the lip of the cabinet. This lip is usually 1/4 high.
- Accessory sizes (Measure twice): Make sure you double check the measurements of your cabinet opening width including the depth and height. Cabinet accessory brands offer various sizes to work in different cabinet sizes. Just make sure you wont have to return something that doesnt fit.
- Full-extension slides: When discussing pull outs, especially for the under sink area, we need full-extension slides. This allow use to take full advantage of the space and get access to those hard to reach items. Check out these baskets which have great slides.
How do I maximize the space under my sink?
- Categorize your items: Separate items like rags and sponges to one area, while keeping cleaning bottles in one section.
- Keep most-used items up front: We all have our go-to products. It could be the Windex, sponges, Swiffer, rug cleaner, paper towels, etc. Whatever you use on a daily basis, move those items to an easy-to-access area.
- Use pull out storage: It goes without saying that using a slide out storage organizer can help transform the under sink area. It doesnt have to be overly complicated either. You can install a pull out basket, a drop in style organizer or even one that mounts to your cabinet door.
What can I store under my sink?
- Cleaning supplies
- Soaps (hand/dish/pet)
- Sponges, rags, towels, brushes
- Spray bottles
- Cutting boards
- Reusable water bottles
- Handheld vacuums
- Waste bins